Monitoring visit of the ASTRA Sibiu Museum project, with the occasion of the Cooperation Committee for the EEA Grants Programme RO12 - Conservation and Revitalisation of Cultural and Natural Heritage
The National Focal Point - Ministry of European Funds, Programme Operator – Ministry of Culture, together with the Donor Programme Partners from Norway and Norwegian Embassy representatives, have conducted on 23th February 2016 in Sibiu two activities:
- The Cooperation Committee meeting for Programme RO12 - "Conservation and Revitalisation of Cultural and Natural Heritage and Programme RO13 - Promotion of Diversity in Culture and Arts" financed under the EEA Grants. At the meeting the participants discussed the status of the projects financed under the Programme RO12 and the present and future promotion activities;
- A monitoring visit of the project „Increased public accessibility to multi-ethnic heritage values in ASTRA Museum". The project is implemented by the National Astra Museum, in partnership with Trøndelag South Museum in Norway and funded under EEA Grants, in total amount of 2.933.517 Euro.
The project works were finalised and the project will be launched in the next period. The works consist in:
- The construction of a Multicultural Museum Pavillion (PaMM)
- The reconstruction, restoration and preservation of a Roma household from Poiana, Perișani
- Restoration of a horse mill from Sanpetru Mare
- The preservation of 13 monuments belonging to minorities
- 2000 endangered artefacts from the Transylvanian museum's collections within an active conservation and restoration phase
- The documentation of the ethnic minorities` cultural heritage through bilateral actions.